At the European Society for Biomaterials we deeply respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your data.
The data you provided when registering is only used for membership management and mailing of information related to ESB activities.
Your data will not be used for any other purposes nor provided to third parties.
Membership account deletion
Each registered member has the ability to delete his/her account on ESB website. Caution: This action is irreversible.
All data from your personal and professional profile and from your past and current membership will be physically deleted.
This feature is available from your Member > Account page, in "Subscription/membership" tab.
A daily check of the membership database is done automatically.
Member profiles which have not been used for the last 5 years will be deleted automatically, without notice.
Membership and past payment data will be kept in our database and available to member and website managers for 10 years.
After this period, information will be definitely deleted from our database.
For current ESB members, we have ultimately decided to opt for the "Legitimate Interests" ground for lawful processing.
No further action is required on your part to continue receiving our mailings.
Our reasons for this decision are as follows:
- The purpose of the ESB mailing list is to keep our community informed about activities of our Society and also provide a short paragraph of information to highlight any other key issues or related projects or initiatives which may be of interest to the community
- We believe that the sending of information for this purpose is a reasonable and proportionate way of keeping people informed
- All current contacts in our mailing list have registered to ESB. We therefore consider that our subscribers expect to receive ESB emails given our pre-existing relationship
- We have taken into account the low-frequency nature of ESB mailings and concluded that it has a low impact on the individuals.
- Every future ESB newsletter or communication will contain a simple and clear mechanism to instantly opt-out of receiving these emails. This means that individuals retain control at all times of the processing of their data for the purposes of the ESB mailing list.
For more details, please contact our support.