Racquel LeGeros Award
This award is given to two graduate students per year who would like to pursue their research in International or European academic laboratories or companies dedicated to biomaterials and regenerative medicine, with the aim to increase their knowledge in a specific topic and /or a technology.
The ESB Council gives this award. Awardees must be ESB member graduate students from European universities, in good standing. The home and host laboratories should be both affiliated to ESB (i.e. the head of the lab or supervisor of the candidate should be ESB member in good standing).
The exchange program should last a total of 3 months (consecutive or split), and must start within 6 months after notification. This time period may be extended in case of visa or extenuating circumstances. Winners will be notified during the Young Scientist Forum (YSF), receive a certificate and €1500 to cover part of their mobility cost. Before their departure, awardees should inform the Secretary, the Education officer and the Treasurer of the ESB Council of the planned dates of the exchange.
Candidates should provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae with the ESB membership certificate.
- A page that describes the objectives of the project and the added value of the mobility and the planned period for exchange.
- A supervisor letter from the home laboratory (member of ESB), stating that he/she is member of the ESB at the time of the application, and supporting the candidate’s project/mobility.
- A letter from the host laboratory (member of ESB), stating that he/she is member of the ESB at the time of the application, and supporting the candidate’s project/mobility.
The candidate should be the author of an abstract during the next ESB conference.
Two deadlines are possible for the application: 31st May or 30th November each year.
The Education Committee is a sub-committee of the ESB Council and consists of the ESB council Education officer, the spokesperson and the education officer from the Young Scientists Forum YSF.
- Prof Karine Anselme (ESB council Education Officer)
- Dr Arn Mignon (YSF Spokesperson)
- Dr Anna Puiggali-Jou (YSF Education officer)